Hold onto your hats! We have an amazing week of horse themed crafts, activities and giveaways for you this week!
But first, here is a rough list of supplies you will want to have on hand.
- Spray paint (optional)
- Small tin pails – check the dollar store or Target
- Mod Podge for Kids
- Felt tan/brown, green, blue
- Hole punch
- Embroidery Floss
- Ink jet transfer paper (optional)
- Skewer or stick
- Phoomph or cardboard
- Tacky glue, hot glue and/or glue dots
- Buttons, bling and/or other embellishments
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Wood scrapbook paper (1 piece)
- Glue or scrapbook adhesive
- 1 – 36” dowel rod cut into 3 – 12” sections (or you could buy 3 – 12” dowel rods pre-cut)
- Brown paint
- 2 Styrofoam cones (smooth foam will work best as we are going to paint it)
- Dinner knife
- 2 Jumbo craft sticks
- 1 Styrofoam brick
- 2 wood fence pieces (I found them in the unfinished wood section at our craft store)
- Utility knife or Exacto knife – use with adult guidance only!
- Mini flowers
- Construction paper, felt or fun foam in blue
So, what do you do if you do not have a horse for your dolls this week? You can improvise and use a stuffed animal for most of them.
In my photo: American Doll Room Red Barn, The Queen’s Treasures Horse, American Girl Nicki wearing the Cowgirl set from DreamWorld Collections, and South African Girl Annie as this week’s Camp Leader.