I am SO excited about this week of Camp Doll Diaries! Super talented designer and Mom to two doll loving girls, Laura Kelly of Laura Kelly Designs is our sponsor and a guest instructor this week. In addition to an incredible giveaway and some really neat projects from Laura, Doll Diaries regulars Anna and Karen are going to WOW you, the very groovy Sharry has a project you will love and I will sprinkle my own ideas in throughout the week.
Our theme this week is Art Makes Me Happy in celebration of the new Saige movie which will air in special showings at American Girl stores this week and will be out on DVD next week.
Supplies you will want to have on hand include:
- Various types of glue (hot glue, glue sticks, tacky glue for fabric)
- Scissors, hole punch
- Craft foam
- Scrapbook paper
- Buttons (we happen to like the Laura Kelly ones from Buttonsgalore.com)
- Paints, thin paint brush, foam paint brush
- Clear packing tape, masking tape, duct tape
- Short, round food container (like nuts come in)
- Model Magic
- Water balloon
- Toilet paper tube
- Embroidery floss, thread, needle
- Plain doll jeans and white or solid tee (the Springfield set from the craft store works well)
- Googly eyes
- Washable pen, Sharpie pen
- Paper fasteners
So, are you excited?? It’s going to be a fun week full of creativity and color!