This week’s theme is “CEO of Me” – there will be banners and other printables later today, but first, Anna is going to get us started!
Recently at our camp they opened up a business challenge to all the campers. Plan, organize, and run a business during camp – the challenge is called “CEO of Me”. Eliza took on the challenge and opened a fun little shop that sells flavored sodas and shakes. It’s been a hit on these warm summer days!
She wanted a fun and summery theme. She made menu boards and mounted them on kid sized flip flops
She added Washi Duck tape around the edge of the counter to add a little fun.
The shop also has a few treats for sale, taffy and lollipops.
She put out a container for tips and decorated a few things with the Camp Doll Diaries logo. There is also a stack of mini menus out on the counter for the customers to take home.
The printed menus have Duck tape on the back and are folded in half.
To continue the fun look there is a piece of polka dot felt for the rug!
Here is a look at all the supplies I used to create this scene. Join in the fun and make your dolls a “Sweet Sip” shop!
- Sweet Sip Printable
- star cut-outs or stickers
- Duck tape
- Washi tape
- Tacky Glue
- Tape Runner (I’m using Aleene’s Tape Runner)
Of course these are just ideas! Have fun adding your own twist and creativity!!
A quick tip if you decide to use flip flop menus or even cut your own from craft foam… attach the paper stars and the large menu printable with a tape runner. These little tape dispensers are common to paper crafting so you may have one! I tried several types of tape and glue from around the house and the tape runner worked great!
The tape runner also worked great to attach “menu” to the front of the duct tape mini menus!
I hope you enjoyed a close up look at Eliza’s camp business!
Join Eliza and take on the business challenge to run a fun doll sized business at camp! Use the printable and make your own version of the Sweet Sip or come up with something new!
Just in case you are interested, here is more about today’s post:
- Dolls-Eliza is a Madame Alexander Doll, Morgan is AG#25
- Outfits-Eliza is wearing the Ivory Printed Ruffle Blouse from My Doll’s life. Morgan is wearing Eliza’s meet outfit shirt and the jeggings from My Doll’s Life. The drawstring backpack is available at the Doll Diaries Etsy shop.
- Scene–Cafe Table and Chairs is from The Queen’s Treasures. Soda Fountain Set is from My Doll’s Life. Taffy container is a mini dispenser from Jelly Belly (I found it at Ross). Mini chalk board is from Michaels. Lollipop tutorial is here and the stand is made by Anna. Counter, umbrella, gum ball machine, bucket and ball are thrift store finds or fun finds I’ve had for a while. Felt rug is Kunin Group Felt.
Enjoy a sweet business with your dolls this week!