Hello Campers! I am so excited for this week’s 70s theme! Julie and Ivy love to roller skate. Today I will show you how to make a Roller Rink out of a few simple supplies.
- Packaging Paper
- Packaging Tape
- Sharpie Marker
1. Place a piece of packaging paper on a flat surface. I used a 19×30 inch piece of paper. Next, tape the very edge of each long side of the paper down to your surface.
2. Using a tan Sharpie and your yardstick, draw horizontal lines across the paper. This will create a wood flooring look. Make the width to your desired look; I made mine around a ½ inch.
3. Using a plate, round and trace off each corner.
4. Using the packaging tape, cover the entire paper with horizontal pieces of tape; one piece slightly lapping over the other’s edge. The tape will give the flooring the shiny look of the hardwood flooring of a roller rink.
5. Next, lift up one long end at a time and fold over the tape to the backside. When the tape on both long ends are folded over, gradually life the entire floor up and using scissors cut off the rounded corners.
Now you have Julie and Ivy’s 70’s rink! For more 70s decorating ideas see this post: http://dolldiaries.com/julies-seventies-party/. I love how the look of the flooring turned out!
Your campers are ready to celebrate another fun week at Camp Doll Diaries with a roller skating party! After the roller skating party, why not have a movie night too? Stop over to Julie Newman’s 70s Time Capsule for Sharry’s Movie Night post from last summer.