Camp Doll Diaries is the one and only, FREE online camp geared towards doll lovers of all ages!
Each week, June 2 through August 29, the Doll Diaries team will have daily camp activities posted on the site including crafts, activities, printables, scene starters, giveaways and more – all designed to encourage creativity and extend play for girls and their dolls. Keep reading for answers to our most frequently asked questions.
These are some of the most frequently asked questions:
1. When does Camp Doll Diaries start? The first official day of Camp Doll Diaries 2014 is June 2nd. There will be new camp activities Monday through Friday all summer long.
2. Do I have to sign up? No, while we will have play versions of sign up forms for your dolls, technically, you do not need to sign up for Camp Doll Diaries. Just visit the site on the days you want to do camp and do the activities posted.
3. Do I have to do every activity? Of course not! Join in when you can and you can always go back and do activities you missed.
4. Does it cost any money? No. Camp Doll Diaries is free to all!! You will probably want to stock your craft area with basics (a master supply list will be published soon), but many of our activities and crafts can be done using items you already have on hand. If you don’t have one of the listed supplies for the day, get creative and substitute something else for it.
5. How do I get a Camp Doll Diaries t-shirt for my dolls? You may download our logos page and print the logos on iron-on transfer paper to make shirts, bags and other gear for your own dolls or you may purchase one in the Camp Doll Diaries Etsy shop.
6. I have a craft, activity or photo story I want to get featured for Camp – can I send it in? Yes, although due to the sheer number of emails we get each day, there is no guarantee we will be able to post yours. If you would like to send your guest post in, please follow the guidelines on our Get Featured page.
7. Can I host Camp Doll Diaries on my own blog? You are more than welcome to show your own photos of the projects and scenes your dolls create at Camp Doll Diaries on your own blog, however, you may not copy and paste our actual camp photos and posts on your site.
8. I don’t have a blog, how can I show you what I have made? Use #campdolldiaries as the hashtag when you post on your social media accounts and we will be able to find your posts and like/comment on them. You can always leave a comment on the post page too and we can take a look from there.
9. Who is the Camp Doll Diaries team? The Camp Doll Diaries creative team is made up of moms who combine creativity and crafting with doll play to inspire girls of all ages. The team is comprised of site owner, Char Polanosky, well-known artist/creative curator Laura Kelly, veteran Doll Diaries team members Karen and Anna, as well as newcomers Brandy and Diana.
10. Why do you recommend certain brands of supplies? The Doll Diaries team has selected a handful of really awesome brands to work with this summer. Our sponsors were selected because they make great products and fall in line with our core mission of inspiring creativity, imagination and play! Our Summer-Long Sponsorships include ILoveToCreate.com, Coats and Clark, Kunin Group Felt and Madame Alexander Doll Company. Additional weekly, project and giveaway sponsors include Buttons Galore, Polyform Products, Sophia’s Heritage, The Queen’s Treasures, and A Girl for All Time. Doll Diaries will accept more sponsorships throughout the summer should the opportunity arise.
11. I want to post a Camp Doll Diaries badge on my site – where do I get them? Right here! Choose the right badge and then copy and paste the code below to place on your site.
If you have additional questions about Camp Doll Diaries, please leave them in the comments and I will add them here as needed.