UPDATED WITH WINNERS!! The winner of the three McKenna books is Christina from http://bigworldandmypower.blogspot.com/. The winner of The Hidden Gold is Jen. The winner of the ISU Behind the Scenes book is Kaylee and the winner of The Smart Girls Guide to Liking Themselves is Agbittybaby.
Summer is almost here and one of my kids’ favorite ways to spend their summer days is curled up with a good book! American Girl thinks that’s a great idea, too.
They sent me a box of American Girl books to use as giveaways to Doll Diaries readers – we will actually have FOUR winners!
So, keep reading to find out what Read-a-palooza is all about, what books we are giving away and how you can enter to win!
Read-a-palooza is American Girl’s summer reading program they are doing this year in conjunction with the literacy campaign that ties in with the American Girl of The Year for 2012, McKenna Brooks, and her struggles with her schoolwork. From May 1 through September 3, 2012, $1 of every book purchased through American Girl (up to a maximum of $100,000) will support Save the Children’s efforts to raise literacy rates in impoverished communities by providing basic education and equipping schools and teachers with reading materials. In addition, American Girl will make its third donation of books to Save the Children this fall, bringing the value of the company’s total book donation to nearly $1.5 million. Go to www.americangirl.com/reading to:
- Get details about the program
- Download printable bookmarks to keep track of your favorite books all summer
- Find out about in-store events
- Take quizzes
- Print out McKenna’s gymnastics word search
- and help a great cause!
What we are giving away
ONE lucky winner will win The Hidden Gold: A Marie-Grace Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)by Sarah M Buckey.
ONE lucky winner will win the Innerstar U book Behind the Scenes – a book starring you with more than 20 endings you can pick.
ONE lucky winner will will A Smart Girl’s Guide to Liking Herself – Even on Bad Days.
**Note – the dolls are not part of the giveaway, they just wanted to see what the books were about while showing them off to you!
How to Enter!
- Visit AmericanGirl.com/reading and get acquainted with the program, do a quiz or two and print out some bookmarks or activities.
- Mandatory entry – leave a comment below letting us know what THREE books are you looking forward to reading this summer!
- Get a two bonus entries by posting a photo of your dolls reading books on our Facebook page or on Twitter (be sure to leave a comment here that you posted it so I go see it).
- Get more bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter (we are @DollDiaries) – please send us a tweet letting us know you are following us and introduce yourself, too.
- Like us on Facebook (we are DollDiaries) – again, feel free to leave us a note on Facebook saying hello and that you are entering the giveaway.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channels (DollDiaries)
- Follow the DollDiaries board on Pinterest
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight May 14, 2012.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select four (4) winners at random.