UPDATED WITH A WINNER! Congratulations Jessica – please check your inbox.
In celebration of our Victorian inspired week at Camp Doll Diaries, we have teamed up with A Girl for All Time again to give away one of their award winning dolls – Amelia, Your Victorian Girl.
(Yes, the photos below are from the giveaway post when Amelia first debuted, but since most of you have not seen them yet, I thought it was the perfect time to revisit them!)
Meet Amelia! She is in her box and ready to make a new friend! Amelia is 16″ tall and bendable arms and legs. She does not have a soft body like American Girl dolls, she is made of a harder vinyl more like a Carpatina slim body doll. She has been meticulously researched and her story is just so amazing. One lucky Doll Diaries reader will win Amelia and her book, Amelia’s Inheritance by Sandra Goldbacher.
From the publisher: AMELIA’S INHERITANCE tells the story of 13-year old orphan Amelia Elliot growing up in Victorian London. Follow Amelia as she leaves her ordinary schoolgirl life and is thrust into a shadowy world of subterfuge, treachery and unlikely friendship. In a fight to reclaim the mysterious family chest left to her by her Tudor ancestor Matilda, she begins a thrilling journey which will lead her from glittering ballrooms to the slums of the Rookeries, from society séances to the lime-lit stages of the London music hall.
I have read Amelia’s book and even though it is a bit intense in places, I had a hard time putting it down. You are definitely transported to Victorian London and the images of what life was like for Amelia are just so vividly written!
Out of the box, Amelia has such a sweet look. Her School Outfit is just amazing. The fabric is extremely high quality and the attention to detail is fantastic. From the tiny buttons to the bustle in the back, every effort was made to preserve the historical accuracy in the A Girl For All Time line. The School Outfit consists of a Victorian school dress of blue cotton, with striped collar and cuffs, ruffled pantalets and undershirt, school boots and a straw boater hat.
A closer look at the fine details… just like we discussed in this morning’s Victorian fashion post – bows, layers, and embellishments were the name of the game!
The bustle detail in her skirt is like nothing else I have ever seen!
Her boots are so cute – I’d love them in my size!
No velcro here! Amelia’s outfit is made using snaps and incredible attention to detail. (Yes, I had a spider web painted on my fingernails for Halloween… )
Here is another look at Amelia without her hat on. Wouldn’t you like to add her to your collection?
WHAT WE ARE GIVING AWAY:
How To Enter
- Visit the A Girl For All Time website and do some research on Amelia and Victorian England. Come back here and the most interesting fact about Amelia or the Victorian Era. (don’t just copy what the person before you put – that will void your entry.)
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter (we are @DollDiaries and A Girl For All Time) – please send us a tweet letting us know you are following us and introduce yourself, too.
- Like us on Facebook (we are DollDiaries and A Girl For All Time) – again, feel free to leave us a note on Facebook saying hello and that you are entering the giveaway.
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight August 22, 2014.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- Open to US and UK entries only.
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.